What You Need to Know About Invisalign
Posted on September 16, 2020
If your general dentist is recommending you get braces in Encino, and you are interested in clear braces, you likely have a lot of questions about Invisalign. Invisalign aligners are an orthodontic treatment option that is hardly noticeable.
More adults than ever are deciding to begin braces as a way to correct a bite, move teeth into the proper position, and reach their smile goals. Of course, most patients have many questions when it comes to Invisalign and other orthodontic treatments. Some of the most asked questions are answered here.
The absolute best way to learn more about Invisalign aligners is to make an appointment to see an orthodontist that specializes in Invisalign. Each patient is unique which means that each answer to specific questions like “how long will I have to wear Invisalign braces?” can be different.
The answers listed below are generalized answers. For more specific answers that fit your specific need, make an appointment with our trusted orthodontists in Encino.
Some of the most frequently asked questions by patients include:
- What is Invisalign? When people think about braces, they often think about metal wire braces. Invisalign are clear trays that are custom made to fit your needs. They are an effective method of correcting a wide range of bites, crooked teeth, and misalignments.
- How often will I need to visit the orthodontist once I have my Invisalign? In most cases, you will see the orthodontist about every 6-8 weeks.
- Can I remove my aligners to eat, brush, and sleep? You can remove your aligners to eat and brush, but it is recommended that you sleep with the aligners in. To get the best results in the quickest amount of time, you will need to keep your aligners in as much as possible.
- Is this type of orthodontic treatment recommended for children? This is a question that you should discuss with your orthodontist. They are the experts that can help you make the right decision for your child.
- Will they be painful? This type of orthodontic treatment gently moves your teeth into the proper position. While you will not have to worry about cuts on the interior of your lips or soreness like you may experience with traditional metal braces, you may feel pressure as your teeth move into position.
- How expensive is Invisalign? The cost is comparable to traditional braces.
- Can my problem be solved by Invisalign aligners? Each case is different, in most cases this is a great option, but to get the specific information you will have to speak to an orthodontist.
If you are ready to get your smile in great condition, make an appointment to see our orthodontist and learn more about your orthodontic treatment options today.