Many individuals can benefit from adult braces. There are currently over 4 million people in the US wearing braces. Braces for adults can help you get the smile you have always wanted and improve your oral health.
So, what’s keeping you from getting adult braces? Many people avoid the orthodontist simply because they don’t have all the facts about adult braces and how easy the process can be.
Myths About Braces
If you knew someone with braces growing up, then you likely remember what a mouth full of metal looks like. When you’re a kid, metal braces are no big deal, but as an adult, it may be the thing that’s keeping you from reaching your smile goals.
There are other options for adult braces that come with a barely-there aesthetic. You can get the orthodontic treatment that you need without the embarrassment of having a metal smile for a couple of years.
Some common misconceptions about adult braces include:
- You think you won’t be able to eat what you want with braces.
- While it is true that metal braces can make it difficult to eat certain foods, Invisalign aligners do not impact what you can or cannot eat. These aligners are removable and are taken out during meals.
- You’ve heard that it’s difficult to floss and brush with braces.
- Invisalign braces make it extremely easy to maintain your oral hygiene while still straightening your teeth. Plus, with Damon braces, the brackets are smaller than traditional braces, so you have more room to get into smaller spaces. Your orthodontist can also supply you with materials that will make it easy for you to maintain hygiene as well.
- People will not take me seriously if I have adult braces in Encino.
Clear braces are barely noticeable. Adult braces using the Invisalign system can be removed to eat what you want and to brush and floss. These crystal-clear aligners slip over your teeth and gently move your teeth into the right position. No one has to know you are wearing them but you. Our office also offers Damon Clear, which is another more discreet form of treatment for those who are wary of the appearance of braces.
Your Smile Is Worth It
There is a braces option that can help your teeth move into the right position that no one will notice. An expert orthodontist will be able to answer your questions and come up with a treatment plan that will improve your smile.
Make an appointment with the trusted orthodontist that serves Encino to learn more about adult braces and how they can help you to get your teeth into the best shape ever. Your smile and your confidence level will get a tremendous boost. Make your appointment today!